Powered by Blogger.

How To Make Fire From Water


  A Discovery With A Water Jug To Make A Very Easy Fire

Take a clear glass jug and fill it with water. For some reason, this shape worked very well. Without the water, getting the rays you need to get a fire started doesn't work. This works best only when there is water in the jug.


Find some tinder. I used cedar bark here. There are many ways to identify and collect Cedar tinder.


The rays passing through the water become focused and very hot. This tinder was smoking the instant I put it under the focused light.


Now you have fire. This went from smoke to fire quicker than lighting a match.

The point of using this method is to illustrate the importance of thinking outside the box. If you get creative you can get fire almost anywhere. Not to mention, this was a fun discovery!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Very cool! I'm way into this kind of thing. This makes me want to practice my camp craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking it out. I've got more good posts coming soon. How did you find out about it?

    ReplyDelete